1. Correspondence Received from David & Monica Schlome - Site Alteration Application - 2881 South Grimsby Road 5
The Clerk read into the record correspondence from David and Monica Schlome, regarding 2881 South Grimsby Road 5 being property owned by Mr. Peter Budd which was the subject of a site alteration application for the subject lands. A copy of the correspondence received from Mr. and Mrs. Schlome is attached to the minutes as Schedule "A".
Mayor Bylsma noted that the following individuals had requested to attend this evening's Council Meeting and provided the following comments with respect to two site alteration applications and staff reports as noted on the agenda:
2. Phil Schilstra - Site Alteration Application - 8006 Concession 7 Road
Mr. Schilstra stated that he did not have much more information to provide then what has been stated in Staff's Report being considered this evening; however, he noted that prior to bringing fill onto the subject lands and before being approached by staff, he was not aware that the Township had a Site Alteration By-law and that he had not accepted any money and had only took the soil to grade his property. Mr. Schilstra stated that it was never his intent to be in contravention of the Township's Site Alteration by-law and that he hoped that this matter did not reflect upon his repetition as a builder.
3. Sto Tritchew - Site Alteration Applicaition - 2881 South Grimsby Road 5
Mr. Tritchew, Rankin Construction (agent for Peter Budd), advised that he had no comments at this time but that he was in attendance this evening to address any concerns and/or answer questions as Mr. Budd's agent.
4. Peter Budd - Site Alteration Application - 2881 South Grimsby Road 5
Mr. Budd stated that he was only in attendance to assist with any concerns and/or answer questions that may arise with respect to his Site Alteration application.
5. Leslie Heida - Site Alteration Application - 2881 South Grimsby Road 5
Ms. Heida advised that she lived directly north of the subject lands in question and noted the following concerns:
(1) Excessive noise that has been emanating from the site which has caused her to use noise cancelling headphones while working from home during the pandemic and while dirt was being brought into the site and construction has been occurring. (2) There has been an excessive amount of dirt that has been brought onto the subject lands in order to build the property up, including a large berm, that has created a lot of dust. (3) The original application stated approximately 300 loads of dirt were being dumped on the site, however, based on her neighbour's estimation, there has been approximately 1,000 loads that has been brought onto the property, to date; and, (4) The dump trucks have destroyed the road and were pulling out into oncoming traffic holding up vehicles while entering and exiting the property and in her opinion, did not feel the road could withstand the weight and traffic volumes that have been created.
Mr. Tritchew stated that he received a complaint from Ms. Heida which he had responded to and was included in the report attached to the Council agenda.
6. Bruno and Lilly Tassone - Site Alteration Application - 8365 Young Street
Mr. Joe Tomaino stated that he was the authorized agent for Bruno and Lilly Tassone stated that a technical report was being considered this evening, which he and Mr. & Mrs. Tassone were in agreement with and that they were awaiting the recommendation report to brought before Council for consideration.
In response to Councillor Ganann's inquiry regarding the large amount of soil that had been dumped on the property and how this soil will be used to improve the agricultural use of the land and has the farmer who farms the subject lands provided any input on the amount of soil that is being dumped on the property, Mr. Tomaino stated that although there may seem to be a large amount of soil brought onto the property, the size of the property was quite large. Mr. Tomaino advised that the subject lands were quite low in the middle and that once the site alteration has been completed you will not see visually from the road, a large difference with the amount of fill being brought in. Mr. Tomaino stated that Mr. & Mrs. Tassone recently built a new home on the subject lands and that the increase of soil will have no impact on the surrounding lands. Mr. Tomaino stated that the property was very low which impacted the property from being farmed.
Further to Mr. Tomaino's comments, Mr. Tassone stated that with the middle of the field was very low and washes away any crops and/or stays as a swamp most of the year therefore making this area not useful and that the intent of bringing in soil was to make this land useful for farming purposes. Mr. Tassone confirmed that his lands were being farmed by a local farmer.